Tuesday, 2 April 2013
I am Mary Berry
Had a sudden urge to bake earlier (old woman alert) after watching multiple cooking programmes. Decided to try rockcakes because they are a personal fav/appeared to have the easiest recipe. They turned out surprisingly well, definitely will be making thousands of these at uni to bribe people to be my friend :):):)
Here's the recipe!
ROCKCAKES - MAKES 12
275g self raising flour
100g granulated sugar
150g dried fruit (sultanas are best)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons of milk
1. Preheat the oven at 190c and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper
2. Put the flour and margarine (cut into smaller chunks) into a food processor and blend until the mixture is a breadcrumb consistency. (If you don't have a food processor you can rub the marg and flour together by hand, will just take longer!)
3. Spoon the mixture out of the food processor into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar and the fruit, stirring to combine the ingredients evenly.
4. Lightly beat the egg and the milk. then add to the mixture. You should get a slightly sticky, thick texture. If it's too dry, add small amounts of milk until everything is bound together.
5. Spoon small balls of the mixture onto the lined baking tray, leaving at least 5cm gaps beteeen them to allow the mixture to spread as it cooks. (6 rockcakes on each tray)
6. Cook for 20 - 25minutes, or until golden brown.
These are good for a snack, or even breakfast if you're in a rush. Enjoyyyyy