Sunday, 7 April 2013

Opportunities

So I've been 'drifting' along these last few months, faced with the common teenage outcry "I don't know what to do with my life!?". I think it's so difficult for young people to decide on university and courses which will map out their future, especially if you're like me and are extremely indecisive about the matter. I've lost count of the amount of times I've said over the last month "guys I'm taking a gap year" which is then often followed by "no I'm going to uni to get stuck into my degree". The fact I still haven't visited 3 out of 4 of my uni offers isn't helping, especially as I have to decide which offer accept in under a month. But that's typical Bex, leaving everything until the last minute.

So back to the title of this post. I have always known that I'd like to go into business one day, hence why I've applied to study economics. My dad owns a consultancy business, and is a real role model (I could go on about the legend that is my father but that's another story). Basically he returned from a conference in the US yesterday and started to explain to me the high level of opportunity that exists for securing contracts in the US for his business. However, this would require a high level of investment and therefore it would depend on one of us (childrennnn) to get involved in the future. I'd planned to do some work for him at some point anyway, obviously in the intention of becoming the boss :):):)

The main point is that I might might might have the opportunity to work for my dad's company in the US for a year, in Cincinnati Ohio. Travelling has always been an ambition of mine, so this chance to go to America to work is quite a big deal. Not only will I get craved independence (I'm not a bad cook so won't starve) but I will also gain extremely valuable experience, along with a very decent salary. The plan would be that I would do this and then start studying at university next year. Although I've been really "drifting" along lately, this opportunity has really excited me. For once, it seems that I have some actual idea about my future. At least for today anyway before I change my mind.


     Also, I'm going to finally pay for the rest of Ibiza this week!!!! Our holiday is 3 months away and I literally CAN'T WAIT. Slaving away at the pub this week will totally be worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment